Want to import Quizlet decks into Anki? Here's how.
Updated: Aug 12, 2021
Many good decks can be found on Quizlet, but you can't import these cards into Anki, right? Wrong! Here's one simple trick import those Quizlet cards right into your Anki collection. Note: this method works on Macs as of August 2021.
1. Open Anki on your desktop.
2. Go to Anki>About Anki in the toolbar and verify that you are using Anki 2.1 or above (this add on only works for Anki 2.1 and above).
2. Go to Tools>Add-ons>Get add ons...
3. Paste in the following numerical code and then click OK:
4. Restart Anki.
5. Open your web browser and navigate to the Quizlet deck that you want to import. Copy the URL.
6. In Anki, go to Tools>Import from Quizlet
7. Enter the Quizlet deck URL, then click Import Deck
You should be able to see the newly imported deck in your Anki collection.
Note that sometimes, the front and back of cards get flipped. You can change this by selecting all the imported cards, editing the note type, and changing front to back.
Now that you have your new deck imported, definitely check out how to tweak your Anki settings for success in medical school in our article on how to use Anki for medical school.
Talk to your MedSchoolGuru about your Anki needs and concerns. Your MedSchoolGuru will help you set up Anki, get you started on a good deck, and help you set up a schedule to maximize your productivity. We recommend using the MedSchoolGurus Anki Decks as they cover everything you need to know for USMLE Step 1, Step 2, and clinical clerkships. For more info on our USMLE tutoring services, check out medschoolgurus.com or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a free 15 minute phone consultation.